If you live in Manchester, Merrimack, Nashua, Amherst, Brookline, Hollis, Milford, or the surrounding areas, you know how important it is to keep your home or business temperature regulated. No matter the time of year, you want to be sure your space is comfortable and energy efficient. However, temperature control doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. With the right knowledge and the right tools, you can easily manage the temperature in your home or business. Here are some expert DIY tips from Sanford Temperature Control to help you control the temperature in your space.
1. Adjust Your Ceiling Fans – Ceiling fans are a great way to keep the air in your space moving, which can help you regulate the temperature. When it’s warm, you want to set your fan to rotate counter-clockwise. This will create a cooling breeze that naturally lowers the temperature. During colder months, switch the fan direction to clockwise to help push the warm air down into the room.
2. Invest in a Programmable Thermostat – If you don’t already have a programmable thermostat, it’s time to invest in one. With a programmable thermostat, you can set specific temperatures for specific times of day. This way, you don’t have to worry about manually setting your thermostat each day. It’s a great way to make sure you’re not wasting energy when you don’t need to be.
3. Check Your Vents – If your vents are blocked or dirty, they won’t be able to do their job. Make sure all your vents are clear from any obstructions and are free of dust and debris. If you’ve got a lot of dust buildup, use a vacuum cleaner with a long hose attachment to help you clean your vents.
4. Inspect Your Ducts – If your ducts are leaking or damaged, you’ll experience big temperature fluctuations. Make sure your ducts are well-sealed and free of any holes or cracks. You can also consider adding insulation to your ducts to help keep the temperature consistent.
5. Service Your HVAC System Regularly – One of the best ways to ensure your HVAC system is running efficiently is to have it serviced regularly. A licensed HVAC technician can inspect your system for any issues and perform maintenance to keep it running smoothly. This will help you avoid breakdowns and energy waste.
By following these simple DIY tips, you can easily manage the temperature in your home or business. If you need any professional help, our team at Sanford Temperature Control is here to help. We offer expert heating and cooling services for Manchester, Merrimack, Nashua, Amherst, Brookline, Hollis, Milford, and the surrounding areas. Contact us today to learn more and get started.
For more tips and information about temperature control, check out Energy Star’s Guide to Energy Efficient Heating and Cooling.